This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find Python idle etc.

Mk serious n00b problem but I cant find python anywhere in the k menu and i've installed various packages... Oh the joys of being a newb

It's possible that all I have is the packages that let other programs use it but I don't know so I'm looking for which packages I need to use the idle and anything thing else found in the windows version, and then where to find/how to start it.

Thank you all for helping me so far and the many many people that I'm sure will help me in the future

Re: Can't find Python idle etc.

what are you trying to use that requires python? python is a language. and are you on 10.04?
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Yes I'm on 10.4 and I'm trying to get to Idle so I can practice writing in python, I'm trying to learn it

Comment

FYI you can enter python and start coding from command line:
        Code:
        ubuntuku@satellite:~$ python
        Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:09:56) 
        [GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
        Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
        >>> print "hello world!"
        hello world!
        >>>
        Install idle:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install idle
        You may also want to install eric ide:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install eric
        ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

sorry that I didn't understand the question! glad someone else helped first. :-X
          Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
          Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
          Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
          X