X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 10.04 LTS panel

Hi,
    I just updated to Kubuntu 10.04 LTS. Everything works fine except I can't see any browser or application icons in the panel after I clicked Minimize . I have to navigate applications through alt+tab. However, I do see widgets such as Kickoff application launcher in the panel. How do I fix this issue?

Re: Kubuntu 10.04 LTS panel

you probebley nead to add the task manager widget to the panel!!

rite click the panel >panel options>addwidget and find the task manager and add it......

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'm not sure that I'm following you. Are you saying that when you click the minimize button at the top of the window, the application title (and/or) symbol disappear from the bottom panel? If so, that is VERY strange.

On the other hand, you might be saying that you clicked on the "cashew", (the little inverted comma on the right end of the panel), the menu came up, and you somehow inadvertently hit a setting that caused the panel to disappear. If the cashew is still visible the solution is to maximize the panel and then adjust it to your desired length. Alternatively, you might have clicked "autohide". In that case the panel will disappear when you click on the maximize button in any application. If so, click on the maximize button again, the application window will shrink, you will see the panel. Use the cashew to undo the autohide option.

Of course, I may have totally misunderstood your message. In which case, I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
        I'm not sure that I'm following you. Are you saying that when you click the minimize button at the top of the window, the application title (and/or) symbol disappear from the bottom panel? If so, that is VERY strange.
        As vinnywright pointed out, the most likely cause is that the Task Manger widget got removed from the Panel (would have to be the case, as it is installed 'by default').
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X