This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia 3g USB tether not working

I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 on my Thinkpad T60. I'm really enjoying the desktop, but am having two problems.

1) Connecting my 6650 Fold by USB, the network manager applet recognises the phone and allows me to configure the connection, but will not connect. Tried to reboot with the phone connected - still no go. This works out of the box with Linux Mint 7 on the same laptop and on Linux Mint 8 (based on Ubuntu 9.10) on a second laptop I tested.

2) The multiple monitor configuration is not available in System Settings>Display. It shows the external monitor I connect via VGA, but only uses the display as a duplicate. This feature works with Linux Mint 7. The graphics card is an ATI x1300

I'm considering moving to Kubuntu for greater flexibility over Mint, but I haven't been able to find fixes for these hurdles via the forum or google searches. Both are crucial for my setup.

Thanks for any help! (I'm a newbie so step-by-step would be appreciated for any CLI stuff)

Re: Nokia 3g USB tether not working

I just installed KDE Linux Mint 8 (RC) and the 3G USB tether works out of the box. Anyone know how I can figure out what the networking software differences are between Kubuntu 9.10 and KDE Linux Mint 8 (RC)? FYI Mint 8 is 9.10 based and is x86, the Kubuntu install is x64.

I would prefer to keep Kubuntu and just install/modify software to get this working.

Found a few posts with possible solutions for the dual monitor configuration in xorg, but it seems that the xorg.conf file has changed in 9.10 (the posts were for older releases). Anyone got ideas for me?

If I should provide more info to get feedback just holler at me!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X