X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nagios on kubuntu (solved)

Hello

i`v got a few servers @ home. And thought i should try oute kubuntu on one i dont use at the moment. i`m using nagios on the other servers to keep an aye on them and now i`m trying to install it in kubuntu.

i`v gotten as far as making the install and config files but it says i have to change:

contacts.cfg

i`m opening it in kate

but it wont let me save the new versjon with the new mail adress.

enny help would be preciated.

Re: Nagios on kubuntu (solved)

KFN is about 'helping' others, so, as it your post shows that you 'solved' your initial query, would you mind stating how you solved it? This would assist any one else who might experience the same problem.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

sorry tottaly forgot! ill show what i did.

ok i went into terminal logged in as root. I then typed in vi /path to the file. that opens the file in terminal and its possible to edit from there. When your done with the editing yust press esc witch changes from insert mode to command mode and then type ZZ to exit and save changes.

i found this tot really helpfull:

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...vanced_vi.html

! hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Espen_H
        When your done with the editing...
        Okay, but what changes did you make to the file?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

you got to change from a defult mailadress to your own mailadress so you can get diferent alerts

Comment

Working...
          X