This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k3b will not burn an .iso file from remastersys to dvd

I have used the Remastersyst 2.0.11.1 to create an .isofile: customdist.iso of my kubuntu dapper 6.06 system. Approximately 1.9 GB. When I try to burn the .iso file to DVD k3b fails. Here is the message from k3b:

System
    -----------------------
    K3b Version: 0.12.17

KDE Version: 3.5.5
    QT Version: 3.3.6
    Kernel: 2.6.15-55-686
    Devices
    -----------------------
    HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B 0018 (/dev/hdc, ) at /media/dvd [CD-ROM; DVD-ROM] [DVD-ROM; CD-ROM] [Ingen]

SONY CD-RW CRX230E QYS1 (/dev/hdd, ) at /media/cdrom [CD-R; CD-RW; CD-ROM] [CD-ROM; CD-R; CD-RW] [SAO; TAO; RAW; SAO/R96P; SAO/R96R; RAW/R16; RAW/R96P; RAW/R96R]
    LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0G (/dev/scd0, /dev/sg1) at /media/dvdrw [CD-R; CD-RW; CD-ROM; DVD-ROM; DVD-RAM; DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD-R DL; DVD+R; DVD+RW; DVD+R DL] [DVD-ROM; DVD-R Sekvensiell; Sekvensiell tolags DVD-R; Bytt lag på tolags DVD-R; DVD-RAM; DVD-RW Avgrensa overskriving; DVD-RW Sekvensiell; DVD+RW; DVD+R; DVD+R Dobbelt lag; CD-ROM; CD-R; CD-RW] [SAO; TAO; RAW; SAO/R96P; SAO/R96R; RAW/R16; RAW/R96P; RAW/R96R; Begrenset overskriving; Bytt lag]
    Used versions
    -----------------------
    growisofs: 7.0.1

growisofs
    -----------------------
    Executing 'builtin_dd if=/home/remastersys/remastersys/customdist.iso of=/dev/scd0 obs=32k seek=0'
    /dev/scd0: pre-formatting blank DVD+RW...
    /dev/scd0: "Current Write Speed" is 4.1x1352KBps.
    WRITE@LBA=0h failed with SK=5h/ASC=30h/ACQ=10h]: Wrong medium type
    :-( media is not formatted or unsupported.
    :-( write failed: Wrong medium type

growisofs command:
    -----------------------
    /usr/bin/X11/growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=/home/remastersys/remastersys/customdist.iso -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -dvd-compat -speed=4 -use-the-force-luke=bufsize:32m [/shadow]

I have used a DVD+RW. Should I use another DVD, f.eks. DVD-R? Any suggestions what's wrong?

Re: k3b will not burn an .iso file from remastersys to dvd

You have two optical drives? A CD and a DVD? It looks like k3b is looking at the CD drive and not the DVD. Check the k3b settings.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: k3b will not burn an .iso file from remastersys to dvd

Problem solved:

I asked a friend and he adviced me to take a look at the dvd-burner. In front of the burner it was written - with small letters- "DVD+R DL". I bought a DVD+R disc and then the file customdist.iso was burned to DVD without problems. . Conclusion: I can't use rewritable DVD+RW discs.

Comment

Working...
      X