This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run CD via CD?

Is it possible to run kubuntu either from the installation CD or from another, special, CD? I am asking for a friend who has a horrible windoze virus mess and is unable to save his data via windoze. I thought that if he could boot and run kubuntu via CD he could at least identify and save important data to a flash drive or CD. (I used to use kubuntu myself and happen to have a c d on hand I just got in the mail). Thanx!

Re: Run CD via CD?

Most live CD distros should be able to do this. If you have the Kubuntu live CD then try that. Another choice would be Knoppix which has a very good reputation for this kind of use.

Comment

Followup

I tried to run the CD but when the PC booted it automatically booted XP home instead of checking the CD first. Any way around this? (I tested it with my own laptop and it booted fine from the CD there) Thanks again, Steve

Comment

Re: Run CD via CD?

That means that your BIOS is set to boot from the HD first. You need to enter the BIOS when the computer is first booting up and change the boot order so that the CD drive is listed first.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X