Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kubuntu 9.04 system polyglot spell checking - how?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 9.04 system polyglot spell checking - how?

I am an absolute KDE newbie, using Kubuntu 9.04 and am trying to get system spell checking to work the way I need:

1) Some KDE4 apps seem to be working with US default spell checking, others don't. Kate is one of the apps that doesn't seem to work.

2) I am a bit of a polyglot and need to be able to spell check in English, Danish and Indonesian. What do I need to install to get spell checking in these languages to function in KDE4 apps?

Cheers

Re: kubuntu 9.04 system polyglot spell checking - how?

Take a look at GNU Aspell
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

in kate you click tools>spelling and select the language from the dropdown list..................as you can see I should use it!!........................LOL

of corse you nead the language packs for the ones you want!

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Cheers.

For some reason there doesn't seem to be an Indonesian dictionary for Aspell in the repositories. Is there a .deb file that can be had someplace?

Comment

According to Aspell's web site, the Indonesian language should be supported in 0.60.6.

Supported

Comment

Yes, I see that, but aspell-id has been AWOL in all Ubuntu versions since I started playing with Edgy Eft. It was OK at the time, as I was just playing around with Ubuntu, but now that I have a laptop with only Kubuntu 9.04 installed, I need a solution.

Comment

See Re: Language Settings and Spelling

Comment

Thanks for the link to the other thread, it should come in usefull. Unfortunately, to address my problem, I had to install aspell-id by downloading the tarball, compiling and installing the dictionary. I don't really consider this as a solution, but rather as a stop-gap measure until the day that Ubuntu wakes up and includes aspell-id as a package in the repositories. Very weird.

Comment

Working...
                X