This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudo

My password doesn't work for "su" on the command line...do I have to set up the root account and how so....?

Re: Sudo

Originally posted by Davida
    My password doesn't work for "su" on the command line...do I have to set up the root account and how so....?
    You don't use "su" on the command line. To do root stuff you use "sudo".

But, if you want to open a root console and just issue commands as root without prefacing each with "sudo" then
    just

sudo su

and enter your account password. Your prompt line will show you are root.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

There is > Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers

#17 is > FAQ: Root Password

The Ubuntu designers notes > RootSudo
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Well, for much work that I do full access to SuperUser login is mandatory...I usually set in gui before in OS...Thanks got the terminal commands to create passwrd for Root...
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Davida
          Well, for much work that I do full access to SuperUser login is mandatory...I usually set in gui before in OS...Thanks got the terminal commands to create passwrd for Root...
          Thanks
          Just a reminder... NEVER run as root, and NEVER keep a root konsole open continually.

IN and OUT, ASAP.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X