X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Key No Longer Automounting

Hi guys and gals,

I need some help with a USB key (Sand Disc Cruiser).

I have the 8.04 distribution of Kubuntu, and previously it has recognized and automounted my USB key with no problems.

Suddenly this morning it does not automount the key, but the system does recognize it via the lsusb command. I'm wondering what could be happening?

Re: USB Key No Longer Automounting

"Suddenly this morning..."

Doubtful. Did you update/upgrade packages prior to "this morning?"
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm seeing a similar issue (except with my mobile, the disk of which used to mount like a usb pen drive, and has recently ceased to work).

Comment

I know there are differences in very close versions right now and I have been regretting the lack of USB mounting myself. I am using Jaunty, totally updated and my "Device Notifier" widget seems to have finally aquired actions. Now when I put in a USB thumbdrive the devices widget pops up and if I click on the device I get options to "Open with Dolphin" or "Download photos with Digikam". I am pretty sure these options were not there yesterday.

Even before today when the device is plugged in it shows up in the "Places" column of Dolphin. Clicking on it will open it in Dolphin and mount it under /media.

If you are running Intrepid you may see slightly different behavior.

Comment

I'd like to add, I'm running Intrepid, regular USB pen drives work fine. My mobile still shows up under lsusb, but I've no idea how to force it to mount.

Comment

When you open Dolphin do you not see it on the places panel?

Comment

ok yes. It appears as Volume (vfat) but this is the error I get:

[img width=400 height=131]http://i44.tinypic.com/169n3ex.jpg[/img]

Comment

That seems to say that it is in /etc/fstab so dolphin will not work with it. Id /dev/sdc1 in your fstab? Do you want it there? Do you have another drive that sometimes appears as /dev/sdc1?

Comment

It might be confusing it with my NAS (which was turned off at the time) will look into it some more.

Comment

Working...
                  X