This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no internet

Hi all I am fairly new to linux based programmes so be gentle.
    I currently use a maxonbp3-ext a wireless modem with bigpond in australia. I have no internet with kubuntu, when I fire up my vista or xp I use a disc supplied by bigpond and this gives me wireless access. Unfortunately I cannot use this disc with kubuntu. My other problem is if I recieve information how do I transfer it to my computer that has kubuntu on it.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Terry

Re: no internet

Comment

Thankyou for the info read #8 but unfortunately after loading ndiswrapper I still have no joy. Another suggestions would be appreciated..
      Terry

Comment

Still no answer is there someone out there who can help microsoft is not my favorite os but it seems to be the only os that can handle my net access.

Terry

Comment

Googled : ubuntu maxonbp3-ext

Have you seen the post "Bigpond Maxon Bp3-ext Modem Using sierra module" at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=477067

OK...its 2007
          "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

tried that before but no joy tried it again yesterday and still no joy.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by brotell
              Thankyou for the info read #8 but unfortunately after loading ndiswrapper I still have no joy. Another suggestions would be appreciated..
              Terry
              "No joy" doesn't give any relevant information, so no one responded.

What does

sudo ndiswrapper -l

give?

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X