This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux painting app?

Ok I have been using gimp and love it, geat "image editor" (mixed with a bit of krita). But the brushs are some what limited (compared to PS)... And I'd realy like to be able to rotate the canvas (like corel painter, very useful for drawing stuff using a mouse).

I've got ArtRage running with wine without any probs (yes, I submitted it to the AppDB) & it's nice & fun (bit basic tho).

So if anyone know of any (good) native linux paining apps I'd be very grateful.

PS. Are there any tweaks to make GIMP more responsive (when moving layers about only the top corner updates strait away & the rest laggs behind).

Re: Linux painting app?

Aldrik

You do have further brushes available through your package manage load gimp-data-extras
    This package contains extra brushes, palettes, and gradients for extra GIMPy artistic enjoyment.
    Well some links show you a good list
    http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngaped.html
    http://www.tucows.com/Linux/DesignTo.../ImageEditors/

Also have a look at the extra instalments you can make to gimp through your package manager.

Bukunut
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the gimp packages Bukunut. I didn't have much luck finding any (descent) linux painting programs tho.

After giving Painter IX.5 (not used it for years) a bit of a play with (in winbows, didn't get it working in wine), I'm quite happy to sticking with ArtRage (found there are a quite few linux users on thire forums).

8)

Comment

There's Xara Xtreme which is quite nice and has had some good reviews lately.

Comment

Thanks Hestia, I donno how much of a painting app it is (but I'm alwasy on the look out of graphic programs of all types), will give it a try latter.

Comment

Working...
          X