This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you describe this?

This is an ongoing situation and I am just curious if I am explaining/expressing it correctly. In other words, is it an accurate description?

Is it sleep mode when you leave the computer and the screen goes black? Or would you call it 'hibernate' (or standby?) mode or what?

The problem (albeit minor, I think?) is that when it is in this mode, the screen is not completely black. There is a portion near the bottom of the screen that still has the last window that was open. It might be a media player or even the Firefox browser (for e.g.). I am not sure what that is illustrating. A problem with KDE4? A video driver issue? Not sure. But, I wanted to be clear when explaining it. I want it to make sense. It is not serious but I am not sure what is going on and what causes it.

When I touch a key or move the mouse, it 'wakes up' and the system is responsive so that part is good.

Re: How would you describe this?

I doubt it is anything other than your screen saver (blank screen) kicking. Or have you already eliminated this as a possibility?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: How would you describe this?

I don't use a screensaver.

I just came back to my computer (now) and witnessed the same thing. So, yes, the window opened is Firefox and there is a small portion of that window showing in the lower part of the screen. The rest of the screen is black.

After some time of inactivity, the screen goes all black (it has gone to sleep or hibernate mode?) but afterwards (not sure when), the bottom part of the screen (in the middle or thereabouts) has some part of the Firefox window displayed.

Seems like a bug.

Comment

Working...
      X