X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check all installed stuff by me

Hi,

How do I check all the stuff that I installed that did not come with the kubuntu desktop. I know I can go to adept and Add/Remove programs from there but is there any other way?

The reason why I'm asking is because I installed tarballs and .deb packages aswell. Also I installed stuff like libcap etc via apt-get and when I go to adept and search for those I don't see them.

Thanks.

Re: How to check all installed stuff by me

Any deb packages downloaded and installed can be found here:
    /var/cache/apt/archives
    (providing you didn't run apt-get clean)
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz<br />Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub

Comment

Again, no "here you go" solution but perhaps another piece in the puzzle. For a complete list of installed packages do

Code:
      sudo dpkg -l > packages
      This will list your installed packages (first part of the command to the left of >) in a file names packages which you can peruse at your leisure
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

How do I check all the stuff that I installed that did not come with the kubuntu desktop.
        I installed tarballs and .deb packages aswell. Also I installed stuff like libcap etc via apt-get and when I go to adept and search for those I don't see them.
        apt/adept/aptitude/synaptic/... are all using the same database of packages (> FAQ: Package Managers) but if you install packages by using application own installation script or compile packages without building .deb's then you are on your own.

make install vs. > CheckInstall.
        CheckInstall keeps track of all files installed by a "make install" or equivalent, creates a Slackware, RPM, or Debian package with those files, and adds it to the installed packages database, allowing for easy package removal or distribution.

Searching installed packages:

All > FAQ: How to get list of installed packages

By user (manually installed) > Aptitude list manually installed packages
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X