X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu webmin and virtual hosts

Hi guys!

This is the first time I'm using kubuntu. I find it neat with all its support, specially hardware support and it is one good linux flavor.

However, I am having trouble configuring virtual hosts on my apache here. I've installed webmin, and I've also been using webmin (for another distro) for quite some time now. My problem is that adding a virtual hosts doesn't seem to work, I get a 500 error. Now that is unlikely 'cause I am not manually typing entries to the config, but using webmin.

Any suggestions? Please do reply to this post.

Re: Kubuntu webmin and virtual hosts

Some time back, when I was playing (ever so little) with SAMBA on my Linux laptop and attempting to setup a home network to my Win Vista laptop, I tried using webmin. There is a problem with webmin in *ubuntu. Because the root account is disabled by default, I wasn't able to access gain access to the 'root only' functions that webmin has.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Kubuntu webmin and virtual hosts

Hmmm, I don't have webmin installed right now, so can't experiement, but what would happen if you opened your browser as sudo,
      Code:
      kdesudo firefox
      for example. Then would you have sudo privileges when you opened webmin?

Comment

Working...
      X