X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 button Mouse on Kubuntu 8.10 .. & cursors

Just installed Kubuntu 8.10 using Wubi.

Can someone please advise on how to set actions for the different buttons on my 4 button mouse ?

Also I've tried altering the mouse cursors from system settings - altered to KDE classic but the cursors only seem to change in the window headers - when the mouse is within a window they stay the same (Oxygen White).

Re: 4 button Mouse on Kubuntu 8.10 .. & cursors

Hi there and welcome to the Kubuntu ride

I am afraid there is no way (afaik) to set different actions for mouse buttons unless the company which manufactured your mouse supplies a special linux driver (as they do for windows).

Any change to cursor appearance only works properly once you have logged out and back in again. Also, these changes are user specific. So if you open a graphical program as root the default settings apply (which is actually very useful )

HTH
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: 4 button Mouse on Kubuntu 8.10 .. & cursors

I haven't messed around with compiz latley but I remember using it to assign some commands to my mouse buttons, anyone know if that works?

Comment

Working...
      X