X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu freeze

hi i just install kubuntu and the installation pass fine

after the computer go on i get the log on screen and provide the user name and password

the HD is recognize but the other thinks not and the screen is freeze

the mouse still work but the log on stack

Please Advice,

Re: kubuntu freeze

Yes I get this too. The install seems ok and it runs for a while. Then every now and then the system freezes. It sometimes happens when using Adept. I had one freeze when trying to work out why I could not build the KHelp Center Index. I accessed the KHelp Centre index file and it froze. Another happened during shutdown.

I've tried updating the system but it doesn't seem to fix it.

I think we need to wait for the Kubuntu guys to resolve it.

Comment

the problem is the system is not loaded.

The log on screen freeze in the beginning. i don't get the K symbol at all.

Please Advice,

Comment

I'm new at this and since I'm having this problem its better I reply to this then make a new one.

I have a Dell 30GB i386 XP that I recently wiped the hard drive on and was trying to install Kubuntu. It installed with no problems, but after I login and the icons start coming up in the center it freezes. I get the hard drive, then the "screwdriver & wrench" and globe come up, and then I get a blue blur and it freezes. Also if I click any of those before that it will go to the KDE desktop and the tray icons starts loading. When I get a lightbulb like one it freezes.

Any help?

Comment

Working...
        X