This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to Kubuntu 8.10

But made the mistake of clearing out the Desktop Panel item that was there. New to KDe 4.1.2 as i was using 3.5 before. Anyway to get this back for a ultra n00b like myself.

Re: Updated to Kubuntu 8.10

(Not sure if this is a question or a statement)

If this is a question - How do I get may panel back? Right click the desktop and choose "Add Panel" Then put the cursor on the panel and right click and choose " Add Widgets"

The Widgets I have are: Application Launcher and Application Launcher Menu (yes both), Digital Clock, Pager, Task Manager and Wastebin
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Mak213
      But made the mistake of clearing out the Desktop Panel item that was there. New to KDe 4.1.2 as i was using 3.5 before. Anyway to get this back for a ultra n00b like myself.
      One of the best things, in my opinion, for people who are new at this is to learn to use the search function of the forum. That would definitely be true for the information you want with this post. It's also true of many, many questions posted in the forum. I don't mean this sarcastically, it's NOT RTFM.

You characterise yourself as a "ultra n00b, but ultra noobs don't usually write in l33t.

Comment

I am a ultra n00b for Linux. I have been working with Windows for well over 15 years now. I am currently testing Windows 7. So in that essance no i am not a n00b. But at the same time if i knew what i was doing i i wouldnt be asked now would i.

I have tried to search and i have not found my answer. Hence why i asked. I know my way around a forum. I have at least 25,000+ combined on the forums i visit. So this isnt my first time around the block.

I see that the forums for Kubuntu are ultra friendly so i will leave it at that. Good Distro. Bad support forums....

Comment

Great, it should be helpful having someone with your experience around, many people here also ask questions with regard to Windows because they are trying Linux out. You are correct, this is a friendly forum. It is also generally a helpful one. No one knows anything about someone's previous experience until they state it. Attitude often, makes a huge difference.

Comment

Mak213 -

Welcome to the wonderful world that is Linux, and also to the KFN. Kubuntu is my first fully functioning Linux distro that I've used. Several years ago I tried out Debian Woody on my old Sony VAIO that had Windoze 98 SE on it. Took a fair amount of time before I got it installed, and had my 3Com 10/100 nic card working and had a working internet connection. Didn't stick with it.

Earlier this year I purchased my new Toshiba Satellite laptop that came installed with Vista. I began by setting up a dual-boot system. Ultimately, I dumped Vista and am now a pure Kubuntu Linux user. Yes, I do still run Win XP Pro on this PC, but it's in a VM (so nice to have Bill contained within the box!).

I do think that you will find this forum a good place to be a part of, and you will find help/assistance here.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X