Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the software? (EnvyNG, Build-Essentials...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the software? (EnvyNG, Build-Essentials...)

I've been using Ubuntu for a while and decided to give Kubuntu a try. I figured they'd have the same software available to download, but that doesn't seem so. I have the Universe set to download, but I can't find software such as Envy and Build-Essentials. This stuff automatically comes up under Gnome, but for some reason under Kubuntu it doesn't. Am I missing something? I'm just trying to update my nvidia drivers, which I figured out how to do under Ubuntu, but not having luck with kubuntu.

Re: Where's the software? (EnvyNG, Build-Essentials...)

It doesn't sound like you have all the appropriate source repositories enabled. Without knowing which version you are running, all I can say is you need the following as a minimum:

universe
    multiverse
    restricted

You can add Medibuntu for non-free stuff (GoogleEarth, codecs, fonts).

Comment

build-essentials is in the Canonical supported (main) repositories.

The same software and repos are available for both Gnome and KDE so you need to enable them if something is missing.

Comment

I installed Synaptic and the weird thing is when I search for them in Synaptic, they are there. When I search for them in Adept Installer, they don't show up. Oh well, I guess I'll just use Synaptic.

Comment

Working...
        X