Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me with KMail / Kontact question.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me with KMail / Kontact question.

Hi,

I have installed and set up Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws, Evolution and some free Chinese thing probably two dozen times but I have never been able to receive email with Kmail...!?!?
    I know my POP server (pop.west.cox.net), I know my smtp server (smtp.west.cox.net) and I know my username and password. No matter how carefully and painstakingly I set up Kmail I invariably get the message that the server rejected my login because the username or password are incorrect when I try to receive mail. I can send from KMail without a hitch.

Any ideas ? I am pretty frustrated about it. Is there something different about it than all of these other applications? Is there something tricky about the setup that I might be missing and therefore screwing up ?

Re: Please help me with KMail / Kontact question.

Yeah, there is one strange quirk with kmail, but i thought it was with sending (i.e. you had to separately tell it which smtp server to use in a second config somewhere...)...

KDE3 or 4?

Ever get it working with IMAP?

Comment

KDE3. I really don't know what IMAP is. My provider's servers are POP and SMTP.

Comment

I know your Provider's Service is POP3...and, SMTP.
        What is your 'IN' Mail Server? (What your ISP gave you, to configure your E-mail/Internet with?................example?....mail.west.cox.net )
        What is your 'Out' Mail Server? ( .......................DITTO!..................... .................................................e xample.............DITTO!)
        What is your ISP 'identity'....(albeit, your E-mail Address....the one supplied to you, by your ISP Provider.)?
        What is your PASSWORD (not the Kubuntu one).....for this?

Honestly, I think the last question (of mine) is where you messed up.

The fact that you can SEND.....says that your modem is well-detected.
        Just that you can't 'Receive'..
        Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws, they all share a very similar "Set-up" arrangement.
        If you have Thunderbird installed...uninstall it...............then, re-install it.
        To give yourself a 'fresh program'....to work with.
        Then, go through the 'Check-list' I've provided...............very carefully, as you try to re-configure your E-mail set-up.

Comment

message that the server rejected

I know my smtp server (smtp.west.cox.net) and I know my username and password. No matter how carefully and painstakingly I set up Kmail I invariably get the message that the server rejected my login because the username or password are incorrect when I try to receive mail. I can send from KMail without a hitch.
          seriöse Singles moving service new york

Comment

Re: message that the server rejected

Originally posted by kamal88
            I know my smtp server (smtp.west.cox.net) and I know my username and password. No matter how carefully and painstakingly I set up Kmail I invariably get the message that the server rejected my login because the username or password are incorrect when I try to receive mail. I can send from KMail without a hitch.
            If that's the specific error message, then it's probably a "case" issue. Your userid and/or your password has one or more letters that are upper case and should be lower, or vice versa. Try re-inputting that info - very carefully - and try again.
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
            X