This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse and Keyboard not Working

Im usually a windows user, never used anything else, but today I thought I would try Linux and see what it was like. I got Kbuntu 8.04.1 and installed it, however, my mouse nor my keyboard work.

They are both Saitek and both are USB. I just...cant do anything. I get to the log in screen where it asks for a user name and get stuck there as I cant type anything and the mouse isnt working. Any suggestions?

Re: Mouse and Keyboard not Working

Did you try booting the Live CD? Did the mouse and keyboard work with the Live CD?

Comment

I used the Windows Installer. No Live CD

Comment

Oh, is this the "wubi" thing? Why don't you make a Live CD from the downloaded ISO image, and try that? Just make sure and check the md5sum on the downloaded file, to make sure it came down correctly, and then burn the image at 4X speed, in "DAO" mode if you burner and software offers that mode.

Comment

Cmar001, grab yourself a PS2 keyboard/mouse.
          Kick-start Kubuntu, with them. (BUt, leave your USB ones still attached.)
          Why?
          Once you get into Kubuntu, and do all the downloads.....you may find that the USB keyboard/mouse may start working.

OF course, there may be a USB 'issue'...in your motherboard's BIOS, check that out, too...to see if the BIOS is set right.

Comment

Working...
          X