This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I add new users?

I need to add new users to my computer but I can't figure out how to do it. Which application will do that? I tried a utility called "password" but it won't let me add users. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: How do I add new users?

In Hardy Heron running KDE 3.5.9:

K Menu > System Settings > User Management > Administrator Button > New
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't have the "User Management" option under System Settings. Under what name can I download it using adept?

Comment

First, what version of Kubuntu are you using. Second, what version of KDE is running on it?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am using HH 8.04 w/ KDE 4 (but I also have 3.59 installed).

Comment

Install kuser. It will go under k > system after it is installed. Probably the easiest way to maintain users.
            txWingMan

Comment

New Problem!

I shutdown the computer and restarted it. When I got to the login screen and entered my password, Kde seemed to load for a moment and then I got kicked back to the login screen. I tried loggin in as a different user but the same thing happened. I successfully changed the password by logging in as Konsole and using "sudo passwd". When I tried to login again, no sucess. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this?

Comment

(SOLVED)Re: How do I add new users?

I figured out what was going on. My hard drive is just about completely full. I learned from reading some of the other threads that Kubuntu goes into a loop that takes you back to the login screen if your disk is too full. I deleted some files and now I can log in again. My next problem is how to give permissions to a second hard drive that I installed. This will be a new thread. Thanks to all for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X