X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor Problems

Hi all,
    I'm having some problems with the resolution of my monitor.
    I've installed Kubuntu 6.0.4 and when I try to boot with that OS , I see on the monitor al lot of colors but nothing else ...
    I tried to modify , in rescue mode , the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf adding the lines for the Horizsync and VertRefresh ( 30-81Khz and 56-76Hz) but nothing changed , so I also tried to change the parameter "DefaultDepth" from "24" to "16" but the problems were the same.
    My monitor is an HP vs 19X ( 19 " , 1280x1024 at 75Hz max ).
    Do you have any ideas?
    thanks in advance,
    Maurox

Re: Monitor Problems

I seem to recall that there is a group of HP and Compaq laptops (plus at least desktop model) that have a particular version of the ATI Radeon Video Adapter that requires a driver that is newer than that is shipped with Ubuntu. If you know the model number of your video card, search both this forum and the Ubuntu forum at http://www.ubuntuforums.org/ for mention of that video card.

My other comment is that if you arre new to Linux, you probably shouldn't be using Dapper. It is test software that won't be released until June. You should be using Breezy Kubuntu 5-10. It is the current production release.

Comment

Re: Monitor Problems

Ok , thanks,
      first I', m going to test installing the current release...

Comment

Working...
      X