This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates and kernels

I've been running kernel 12 of Hardy Heron for a couple of weeks now. I haven't managed to get later kernels to work so stuck to 12 until now.

So I thought I'd try updating kernels again and realized that my update notification icon hasn't been popping up for days now. I was changing around my taskbar thing recently, so I'm not sure if there just aren't any updates or if I nuked the icon Is there a way to find out and re-instate it if necessary? When I open up the system tray configuration I don't see any update program in the 2 list panels, but there's no option I can find for adding it either lol.

Am I correct in presuming that the best route to take with upgrading kernels is to just let the updater patch everything, then try a reboot into the new kernel? I kept getting bounced into BusyBox, including if I try the diagnosis/safe mode options, so I just wanted to check I was doing it right

Wenchy

Re: Updates and kernels

Am I correct in presuming that the best route to take with upgrading kernels is to just let the updater patch everything, then try a reboot into the new kernel?
    As far as I know, that's the easiest way; you're not the only user having issues with the new kernels, so hopefully they'll figure out what's going on and release a fix. As far as the Adept update notifier goes, you may re-launch it by pressing Alt+F2 and running this:
    Code:
    adept_notifier
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
    X