Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW INSTALL or ACTIVATE BERYL on KUBUNTU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW INSTALL or ACTIVATE BERYL on KUBUNTU?

i need ur expertise... please help me, im a newbie... how can i install or activate beryl? what are the step by step procedures?

please explain it to me briefly coz i dont know such terms or commands for kubuntu...

for those who will help I THANK YOU from the buttom of my heart... and more power...

Re: HOW INSTALL or ACTIVATE BERYL on KUBUNTU?

Welcome!

Beryl is over -- no more development since last April or so, when they re-merged the teams with Compiz. So, you don't want Beryl, you want Compiz.

Search this forum for "compiz" and you'll find many threads with information. The basic drill is:

1. Install a proprietary video driver if you need it to run glx and compositing.

2. Verify that glx is working by running glxgears in a Konsole window.

3. If glx is working, then install the compiz packages, and maybe the emerald packages with Adept Manager.

It works the same for Kubuntu as Ubuntu, so you can also search in Ubuntu Forum>Desktop Effects & Customization and find a zillion threads on it. Basically, you just mark the packages in Adept Manager, click "Apply", and then you go into the Settings>Advanced Desktop Effects Manager and twiddle the features and effects that you want.

Comment

Working...
    X