This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can i get feisty to detect my wireless adapter please please help

I just installed feisty. This is my first time installing any linux system and need to know how to get it to detect my wireless usb (trendnet tew-424ub). I need to know how to have it detected and how to install drivers with no current internet access. Thanks in advance. I have read that this adapter works with this system and i even found the linux drivers on the web. I am not sure how to install them and i am not sure if the system should detect my device automatically at startup. My usb does work because my flash drive works.

Re: how can i get feisty to detect my wireless adapter please please help

Can you give the output of the following command in konsole (kmenu--->System---->Konsole)

Code:
    sudo lsusb
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Re: how can i get feisty to detect my wireless adapter please please help

I found a list and aparently my particular trendnet usb adapter is not supported, however i installed a linxys pci wireless wmp54g that is supported and the computer sees it, however i can not get it to connect. I select DHCP but i keep getting something telling me my default gateway is incorrect and i noticed it gives me an ip address that it should not be giving me. I put in my correct ssid and my correct wep key. I am currently restarting my router and my computer. Any help would again be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X