This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE CD Problem...with DVI

Does the LiveCD not work with DVI video cards and LCD panels? I can't get the Live CD to go past the selection screen that initially comes up.

Re: LIVE CD Problem...with DVI

I had a problem using the live dvd to install on a different machine, had to remove the agp and use onboard to install. My next project (sig) doesn't have onboard so I"m not sure what I'll be doing w/ that yet, I'm hoping hardy will work.
    [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Ive had no problems using DVI on my computer since Edgy. Have you tried D-sub and what version LiveCd are you talking about?
      Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

I am trying to use the 7.10 Kubuntu LiveCD DVD Version. I do have the option of VGA on my car and LCD; it's just a pain in th butt to get it back to a digital signal after which is what I use for gaming on the Vista platform. I seriously cant find any clear instructions.

Comment

I had trouble w/ the live dvd, I did get to the first screen and could choose a cl install, If I chose regular live session it would not progress any further.

I'd try dl one of the cd vice the dvd and give it a shot.
          [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

It'd be easy to get a CD version if I had any left. I have a ton of DVD's. DVD install should work, kinda the poitn of having it up on the site. I may try to switch over to the VGA this weekend to get it instaleld and get envy and DVI shortly after. I just wish someone with some hands on knowledge could give me a better or at least detailed solution that doesnt involve me getting lsot by reading 40 other posts.

Comment

what video card is it? I have a 9600, and the liveCD does not work with that card (it also happens to be dual DVI, which is what I thought was the problem originally, but it wasn't...)
              mm0
              Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Mine is an 8600 GT XXX

Comment

When the selection screen comes up, use "Boot kubuntu in safe mode". This should use the VESA driver and hopefully it will work.
                  Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--&gt; # 15709

Comment

Didn't. I went with Straight Debian Etch 64 and manually installed KDE. Everything is running tip top now.

Comment

Working...
                    X