This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash fit in Kubuntu 8.4?

I downloaded the ISO for 8.4(I believe that's what is after the 8), installed it, just like Ray Steven sings"Everything is beautiful" and then I try to install flash! I need the pounding head on the brick wall smiley here. I've done the search but haven't come up with a usable solution. I have the old tar file downloaded and also the .rpm file both in my personal file here, can not get either to work. I have installed Kubuntu before (different version) and didn't have anywhere near this much trouble. Any suggestions? Thanks, oh and if it matters I'm on an older Dell, 512ram 1gig processor(don't think that matters in this case but here ya go.)Thanks folks!!
    No pride here, I just need HELP!!!

Re: Flash fit in Kubuntu 8.4?

So, you've got Kubuntu 8.04 installed, and a browser of some kind, and you want to run flash in the browser?

Open Adept Manager, and mark these packages for installation:

flashplugin-nonfree
    gnash
    gnash-common

Click "Apply" on the Adept menu, and they will be installed.

Start your browser, and go find a flash site, and you should find that "Everything is Beautiful, In Its Own Way".

Comment

Re: Flash fit in Kubuntu 8.4?

That Adept Manager is the best thing since sliced bread! If I did it right I should have my Java installed from there in a few minutes. Thanks dibl!! You've been a big help!
      No pride here, I just need HELP!!!

Comment

Working...
      X