X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me about Kubuntu Licence !!!

Hi Guyz,

I am a new linux user, I requested a set of free cd from canocial . I got Kubuntu 7.10 version cd's.
    I am from very small town of INDIA. We have a call center about capacity of 26 computers using pirated windows XP. Then with my little knowledge of linux i persuaded to use of linux, its free, virus free, crash free, no licence required, n secure ... n all bla...bla...bla.. but now i m confused that can i use Kubuntu for Commercial purpose or i have to pay ne fees or Licence Agreement.

Thanks,
    BlueVenom.
    ------------------------------------
    Open Source, ZindaBaad !!!!

Re: Help Me about Kubuntu Licence !!!

I didn't know you ever had to pay for linux, I thought it was 100% free cause its open source either I was wrong or you don't know what your talking about.

Comment

You don't have to pay any money to use Kubuntu for commercial purposes. If you want commercial support you can buy that from canonical. But otherwise its completely free to use (and to edit) however you wish.

To quote from http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu :
      Ubuntu is and always will be free of charge. You do not pay any licensing fees. You can download, use and share Ubuntu with your friends, family, school or business for absolutely nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the Reply ..

Comment

Working...
        X