X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth detects my phone but I don't have access to its contents

Hi,

I have Kubuntu 7.10 and trying to sync a Samsung SGH-D836 cell phone.

Using MultySinc, when searching for the phone, it founds it but displays "No IrMC synchronization"; and when testing the connection, it fails. MultySinc would be very important for me, since it is the mean by which I'd sync the phone with Evolution.

Using BitPim, and trying to locate the phone, the phone detects the call from the PC and prompts for permission to allow it. I press ok, but then a window appears on BitPim saying "No phone detected/recognized". I enter and try to configure it with no success.

On the Bluetooth icon that appears in the Kubuntu desktop, when I click it, a Konkeror window appears with my phone icon in it; yet when clicking on it, I get a header "sdp://[00:17:d5:a0:36:9b]/", and no contents appear.

I installed KMobileTools 0.5 After several runs of the Bluetooth connection Wizard, I finally got it detecting the phone, but I can't see any of its contents (SMS nor Contacts).

I really need to sync my phone with my laptop... I'd appreciate very much your help.

Regards,
    Guillermo

Re: Bluetooth detects my phone but I don't have access to its contents

You might check out howardforums.com. They have subforums for most phone manufacturers with tons of specific information. I was able to get my LG phone, which needed to be set to some obscure phone type, working with bitpim because of those.

...Rob

Comment

Re: Bluetooth detects my phone but I don't have access to its contents

Thank you Rob,

I posted my question in the page you suggested. Unfortunately I have not received help for this problem in 4 forums I have posted it... I would not want to boot my Windows partition to backup my phone data, having 2 separate Contact lists: one in Thunderbird, and the other in Windows for the phone...

Guillermo

Comment

Working...
      X