This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy deleted something important...

Yeayea, I know it, I should not start doing stuff when I really don't know what I am doing, but hey, that is what learning is all about, right? :P

Anyways, what this newbie did was that he wanted to see if updating the wireless drivers could help the speed and stability of the wireless connection... So he found a howto file here in the forumhttp://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=8.0, and started working... Only to discover that when he got half way, the commands did not work anymore.

First there was "bash: make: unknown command", which led me to install the "make" package.

But that did not help much, since when running the make command again, only thing I got was a new message, saying that "/lib/modules/2.6.12-9-386/build: No such file or directory. Stop"

And nothing happening...

And of course, by the time I got this far in the install-process, I had already used the "remove-old" command, leaving me with no wireless interface at all...

So... where do I go from here??

Re: New guy deleted something important...

you may have a broken package, caused when installing make, you can maybe fix it by opening the Konsole and typing
    sudo apt-get -f install

Comment

Working...
    X