X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to Kubuntu

Why do you suppose they changed it?
    Could it be because idiot's like myself tend to move to fast through directions and not really READ what is being told to them. LOL

Ok so I went back and re-tried it. It loaded like it said it would. How ever, when I get to the page that will let me pick my chipset it's not there. My chipset is SB450 and according too http://www.alsa-project.org/main/ind...rix:Vendor-ATI It's supported (it's listed after all). So just to see I picked the atiixp chipset (It's listed at the beginning of the line that has the SB450 listed). Ok so it did download and install (So at least I got that part right). Now it's telling me to
    Code:
    sudo modprobe snd-atiixp
    And I get back:

WARNING: Error inserting snd_ac97_codec (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/updates/alsa/pci/ac97/snd-ac97-codec.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
    FATAL: Error inserting snd_atiixp (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/updates/alsa/pci/snd-atiixp.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
    dmesg gives me a VERY VERY long list of stuff.

SO.. should I download the files direct and then install them that way? Or did I just miss something again?

Thanks again for putting up with me on this.

James

Comment

Re: New to Kubuntu

Aha! Well, in this parallel universe, this is what we call "progress".

Sometimes Mr. Google can be a great help on stuff like this -- why don't you try a search on "snd-atiixp unknown symbol in module" and see what turns up?

Comment

Working...
      X