Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously Annoying! Find Myself Logged Out! Need Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously Annoying! Find Myself Logged Out! Need Help!

this is the most annoying experience I've ever had on any OS in 12 years. this is happening to me in Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10 and has been happening to me for a while. randomly, I find myself logged out. no one in the house is doing it. I have nothing setup to log me out! my system is logging me out and I have no idea why!!??.

I've checked log after log after log, I almost always check /var/log at about the time of the logout and not a single clue as to what is wrong could be found. I am no log professional *but* this is the absolute worse experience I've ever had. I need some help, serious help, divine intervention if necessary, whatever at this point!

How in the world can I figure out what is causing this? I need to stop it! it is driving me insane and I really cannot brush it to the side anymore. I've been brushing it to the side for months. I cannot brush it to the side anymore. can anyone, anyone, anyone, please help me pinpoint the problem?

any advice is helpful *but* at all cost, I refuse to reformat, repartition OR wipe out my profile. my profile and entire setup works flawlessly *if* not for this satanic logging out issue. I made a post almost 2 months ago and felt then like I feel now, this could be related to VirtualBox. read here if you wish http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...97930#msg97930

thanks for any kind of help. it is sincerely appreciated!

Re: Seriously Annoying! Find Myself Logged Out! Need Help!

(in my drunken state I shall give a quick reply, probably will not help)

I ha(d)(ve) a similar problem which is related to my installation of compiz-fusion, what my problem seems to be is with compiz-fusion and KDesktop. there seems to be some incompatibility issues these two, for me is if i go into K Menu -> System Settings -> Desktop I get logged out. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to uninstall a few apps/plugins at a time to test for which apps might me causing the incompatibility issues. For me it was to just stay away from Desktop settings. other than that it could be a driver problem. Uh oesz. any how this time im off to bed for sure. Night Night.

Comment

I do not have Compiz, Beryl or Compiz-Fusion installed. I tried one of them out very early in 2007, I believe on Ubuntu (and uninstalled it from Ubuntu) *but* never installed it or used it in all my time on Kubuntu (6+ months). This is so far, by-far, the worse experience I ever had and i fear I'll probably never solve it

Comment

*bump*

Comment

*bump*

Comment

My guess would be that something is causing X to crash.

Does it happen while you are at the keyboard or if you leave it for a bit? Do you have any programs running when this happens? Try leaving your system running without them. Do you have a screensaver enabled? Try turning it off. Check the logs in /var/log/Xorg.0.log and see if it looks like X is restarting.

Comment

I tried attaching a gzipped archive of my xorg.conf and xorg logs *but* I couldn't do so. I uploaded them to flyupload instead, sorry for the ads. http://www.flyupload.com/get?fid=4733847

I believe X is crashing but I don't have a clue or even a hint about it in the logs. I have a 17 inch CRT monitor with a maximum supported resolution of 1280x1024 and a GeForce FX 5600 card with the latest drivers direct from Nvidia (169.07). I've tweaked my xorg.conf to get a resolution of 1680x1050 and it's perfectly fine. I am not sure if this is the problem as I see no concrete evidence saying so.

if the problem is with X can I run it to get more verbose logs? I would run the entire system under debug mode if possible. maybe the problem is in the logs but I don't see it

Comment

*bump*

Comment

*bump*

Comment

*bump*

Comment

*bump*

Comment

*bump*

Comment

There is this in your Xorg.0.log.old:

Backtrace:
                          0: /usr/bin/X(xf86SigHandler+0x81) [0x80c9581]
                          1: [0xffffe420]
                          2: /usr/bin/X(ProcPolyPoint+0xff) [0x808c5af]
                          3: /usr/bin/X [0x81575b1]
                          4: /usr/bin/X(Dispatch+0x1aa) [0x808f47a]
                          5: /usr/bin/X(main+0x495) [0x8076f05]
                          6: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe0) [0xb7d1d050]
                          7: /usr/bin/X(FontFileCompleteXLFD+0x1e1) [0x8076241]

Fatal server error:
                          Caught signal 11. Server aborting
                          So looks like an X server segfault (crash), unfortunately I can't really tell what's causing it...maybe you could google with the error messages to see if you catch any leads.

EDIT:
                          Anything of interest in ~/.xsession-errors

Comment

Thank you very much for highlighting some errors. I really need all the help I can get. I really appreciate it! I have 3 files, .xsession-errors, .xsession-errors-:1 and .xsession-errors-:3, only one of them contains anything ".xsession-errors".

I couldn't attached a txt file copy of .xsession-errors at "500+KB" so I made a paste of the contents here http://dpaste.com/31236/

major thanks for all of your help!

Comment

this is happening almost everyday! I've never experienced anything so frustrating I just logged in and copied .xsession-errors, it seems to have truncated itself, it is much smaller now...

Code:
                              Xsession: X session started for vbgunz at Wed Jan 16 14:50:15 EST 2008
                              startkde: Starting up...
                              kbuildsycoca running...
                              kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: _attachPty() 13
                              umount: /dev/scd0 is not mounted (according to mtab)
                              mount: block device /dev/scd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
                              X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
                               Major opcode: 19
                               Minor opcode: 0
                               Resource id: 0x180007a
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x80d70a0 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "file_quit"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x80d70a0 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "file_quit"
                              kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
                              libkonq: WARNING: Could not load wallpaper /usr/share/apps/konqueror/tiles/
                              kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: _attachPty() 10
                              /home/vbgunz/.superkaramba/lwp-14.8.skz/liquid_weather.py:3656: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
                              sys.path.insert(0, '/home/vbgunz/.superkaramba/lwp-14.8.skz')
                              Very strange! got a DCOPReply opcode, but we were not waiting for a reply!
                              kio_http_debug: WARNING: (13248)createCacheEntry: opening /var/tmp/kdecache-vbgunz/http/c/courses.csail.mit.edu_6.01_fall07_software__3212c741.new failed.
                              kio_http_debug: WARNING: (13247)createCacheEntry: opening /var/tmp/kdecache-vbgunz/http/c/courses.csail.mit.edu_6.01_scripts_create-bars-601.js_60f80bac.new failed.
                              kio_http_debug: WARNING: (13269)createCacheEntry: opening /var/tmp/kdecache-vbgunz/http/c/courses.csail.mit.edu_6.01_images_course-banner-601.gif_74c357ec.new failed.
                              No such application: 'kxdocker'
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "move_message_to_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "copy_message_to_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "jump_to_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "jump_to_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "cancel"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "inc_current_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "dec_current_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "select_current_folder"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "inc_current_message"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "dec_current_message"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "select_current_message"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "delete"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "edit"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "use_template"
                              kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x87b3358 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "display_message"
                              kio_http_debug: WARNING: (13280)createCacheEntry: opening /var/tmp/kdecache-vbgunz/http/c/courses.csail.mit.edu_6.01_styles_6.01-style.css_6bb4de40.new failed.
                              ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" in /build/buildd/kdebase-3.5.8/./libkonq/konq_pixmapprovider.cc (81)
                              ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" in /build/buildd/kdebase-3.5.8/./libkonq/konq_pixmapprovider.cc (81)
                               Major opcode: 20
                               Resource id: 0xc00007
                               Resource id: 0xc00007
                              No battery found.
                              This is not a laptop, quitting ... 
                               Resource id: 0xa00028
                              QMetaObject::findSignal:ClientStream: Conflict with Stream::readyRead()
                              Transfer ACCEPTED by: LoginTask
                              Transfer ACCEPTED by: LoginTask
                              Transfer ACCEPTED by: ListTask
                              Transfer ACCEPTED by: StatusNotifierTask
                              Transfer ACCEPTED by: MailNotifierTask
                              Transfer ACCEPTED by: StatusNotifierTask
                              QGArray::find: Index 0 out of range
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: PKCS7_content_free
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: PKCS7_content_free
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms
                              kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
                              kopete (oscar/aim): WARNING: [void AIMContact::haveIcon(const QString&, QByteArray)] Failed to convert buddy icon to QImage
                              kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
                              kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header has invalid size (-1)
                              kopete (oscar/aim): WARNING: [void AIMContact::haveIcon(const QString&, QByteArray)] Failed to convert buddy icon to QImage
                              QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
                              QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
                              akregator: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
                              klauncher said: Unknown protocol ''.
                              akregator: 
                               Resource id: 0x1201ddf
                              CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
                              CLIENT: Task: emitting finished
                               Resource id: 0x1201f8c
                               Resource id: 0x12024ef
                               Resource id: 0x1202874
                              QClipboard: Unknown SelectionClear event received.
                               Resource id: 0x1202277
                               Resource id: 0x1202b6c
                               Resource id: 0x1202aaa
                              kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: _attachPty() 12
                              not sure but the following files all seem to have the latest timestamp at around the time I logged back in. I really don't know what to do anymore, any help is greatly appreciated!

file:///var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
                              file:///var/log/acpid
                              file:///var/log/kdm.log
                              file:///var/log/Xorg.0.log
                              file:///var/log/auth.log
                              file:///var/log/lastlog
                              file:///var/log/wtmp
                              file:///var/log/kern.log
                              file:///var/log/messages
                              file:///var/log/syslog

Comment

Working...