This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docs do not exist.

Gooday all. I have this problem and wonder if you could help. I was doing a job app in OpenOffice, I saved it and then closed OO. When I re opened it and went to get my application a little box appears telling me that it does not exist. Got me stumped, any ideas. Thanks in advance. Regards, James.

Re: Docs do not exist.

I've done that, too, and ended up finding it on the Desktop or discovered I was logged in as root and it got saved there.

Perhaps try the Find function (in one of the top menu tabs).
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thanks for that Qqmike, what does "logged in as root" mean? Sorry to be so Dumb but only just getting started with this. I tried the find option to no avail. Regards, James.

Comment

As I was thinking of it –

For instance if you opened Konqueror with root privileges (by typing at Konsole kdesu konqueror), and then while working in Konqueror you starting creating/saving files, not watching where they are going (and they go into /root/…). Or, if you opened Konqueror, then right-clicked on a file, from Actions selected Edit as Root, then, created/saved documents, again not paying attention to where they are going (and they go into /root/…).

That sort of thing. And then can’t find the files later when you are working in your usual directory, like /home/james/.

The Find command should help you look for where it might be, though, if you can remember what you called it or some words in the file. You might try opening Konqueror as root and using the Find command, too.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X