This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer

Hi, I am trying to install a printer but ran into the following problems.

The first is that I do not know what kind of printer it is, not the brand or product number, but when you choose to install a new printer a list comes up with diferent types of printers such as: local printer and alot of abbreviations which I don't understand. Maybe they seem obblivious to you but I am just a 13 jear old kid from the Netherlands...
    Let me explain what type of printer it is: It is connected to my mum's PC (running windows) and I have access to that computer by a wireless network (connected to my sister's PC (also running windows)). So what option should I choose?

The second is probably quite easy, the printer is an HP psc 1315, but when I look to the drivers the closest thing is the 1310, is that good enough?

Thanks!

Re: Printer

So a way to do :
    when you add a printer (seems you were able to get til there)
    For your mother's one, go to smb printer (I was not able to try this option...) and check in your mother's computer what kind of printer it is, it should be displayed in system properties.
    For the hp one, I would just say give it a try, it will not destroy the printer to print test page with not good drivers... Just put only one sheet inside, because it can print in hex codes (or something like) and try to use all available paper... If it's the case, switch off printer and reboot your linux before to restart printer...

Hope it helped

Comment

Working...
    X