This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Router Problems?

When I go to Wireless assistant I see my router there. I click on it and it comes up at the bottom of the screen.
    'Successfully connected to 'Router'. I've got an awesome signal strength. I load up Konqueror and try to go to google I receive the message "An error occurred while loading http://www.google.co.uk/: Unknown host www.google.co.uk"

I go back to Wireless assistant and hit refresh. It's fine, it's still connected. I hit quit load it up again and it's still connected. So I go to network settings.
    In network interfaces I have two things there.

eth0 - Enabled Ethernet Network Device ( Which works when I plug in the Ethernet cord. )
    eth1 - Enabled Wireless Network Device

When I click on 'Routes' it shows my default gateway and then in Devices it says 'eth0' I've changed that where it says 'eth1' and saved it but when I close it down and open it again it goes back to saying 'eth0' I don't know if this is the problem.

Any suggestions?

Re: Wireless Router Problems?

is the network you are connected to have an intenet connection on it.

Comment

Yes, it does.
      It can't even connect to a network address. For example;

Comment

sorry then I cant help you because I use windows for my wirless network but kubuntu for my wired.

Comment

It sounds like it's somehow only letting you do DNS lookups through the LAN connection, and not the WLAN.
          Instead of changing the routes, maybe add a route? I don't have my Kubuntu desktop in front of me ATM, so I can't give you details.
          Also, try disabling your LAN connection, then reset your WLAN connection, and see if that helps.

Comment

What does iwconfig in a konsole tell you. Please post.
            ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by raijinsetsu
              It sounds like it's somehow only letting you do DNS lookups through the LAN connection, and not the WLAN.
              Instead of changing the routes, maybe add a route? I don't have my Kubuntu desktop in front of me ATM, so I can't give you details.
              Also, try disabling your LAN connection, then reset your WLAN connection, and see if that helps.
              I followed these instructions and I got it to work. Thanks very much, Raijinsetsu. I'm actually using it to reply at the moment.

Thank you for everyones help and support!

Comment

Working...
              X