This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspend and Hibernate

Kubuntu doesn't want to come out of hibernate or suspend. Sometimes it comes up and about 20 seconds later goes back into hibernation. Sometimes I just simply wont come out at all. Any advice?
    Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Re: Suspend and Hibernate

Advice: post details of your system. Google appropriate terms. Wait for kernel developers to improve power management some more

Comment

I suggest that you take a look at the Inspiron 1505 page at the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki. The advertised fix is at the very bottom of the page. It was not obvious to me, at first, but since I have a Inspiron M600 running Dapper, I wasn't as motivated as you will be.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
        I suggest that you take a look at the Inspiron 1505 page at the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki. The advertised fix is at the very bottom of the page. It was not obvious to me, at first, but since I have a Inspiron M600 running Dapper, I wasn't as motivated as you will be.
        Not too sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. There are no "fixes" for hibernate at the bottom of the page. Only for installation, video, mouse lock up, and wireless. I have no problems with any of these. (My graphics is the 945GM not the ATI card) I seem to have everything running great.

Comment

The very last line on the page says:
          Suspend: changing /etc/default/acpi-support to say "POST_VIDEO=false" and adding bluetooth to STOP_SERVICES makes the computer resume properly.

Comment

*smacks forehead* I don't know how I missed that. I guess I assumed it would have more of a heading or title. Ok, I made the changes and I'm going to walk away from the computer for the night and see if it hibernates and wakes properly.

-Thanks

8)

NEXT MORNING
            Well, it did the wake up and crash thing this morning. In frustration I restarted and walked away. Making it hibernate again. And this time it came out just fine. Maybe it needed a restart before the above changes took affect? "I Need more government grant money to continue research." I'll update again later.

LATER
            It seems that suspend is working properly but hibernate is a no go.

Comment

Working...
            X