This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I run a Gnome app in Kubuntu?

As someone who's run Linux servers for years but is just now trying it out on the desktop, I'm confused about how to run a Gnome application (solfege) in Kubuntu ... I installed it using Adept, but now I don't know where to look for it or how to use it ....

Any and all help appreciated, including "RTFM" if you'll just tell me where to read. :-)

Oh, and I'm using Feisty Fawn, if that's relevant to my question.

Kenn

Re: How do I run a Gnome app in Kubuntu?

If you already installed the application click on the K (menu) and then click on run command, there type the name of the application if you don't see it on the general menu

Regards,

MepisReign
    Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

I have a related question. I have used the run command to open programs that do not appear in my programs menu....but... how do I put a short cut for the program in my menu. Also sometimes when I have downloaded something with adept it says installed but isn't found even with using the run command. I'm running edgy.

Thanks tons to anyone who can help

Penny

Comment

One way: from Konqueror, "drag & drop" the binary (or script) in charge to the panel, fill in the form poping up as a result, and enjoy 8)

Comment

Another way is to right-click on the k-menu item and choosing 'Menu Editor'

Comment

... or to right-klick on the panel, choose "Add Application To Panel" and proceed as requested

Comment

Working...
            X