This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Kexi] no Object Type in Table Design View

I would like to create a database with images, but I cannot see the Object type in the Table Design View. I can see the Text, Integer, Float, Boolean en Date types. Why isn't the Object type showing?

Version is 1:1.5.2-0ubuntu2.1
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Re: [Kexi] no Object Type in Table Design View

From the Handbook:

Data types
    The table below shows how the data types in Kexi correspond to data types in other database applications.

Some of the data types listed here are sub-types of other types. For example, the Long text type is a sub-type of the Text type. To use a sub-type in Kexi, you should select the corresponding basic type (in this case, Text) in the table designer, and then select the sub-type using the Subtype setting in the Properties Editor.

Table B.1. Comparison of data types used in Kexi and other database applications

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/k...ing-data-types

Link shows you the table, and the data types Kexi uses.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: [Kexi] no Object Type in Table Design View

I found this flash tutorial: http://kexi-project.org/pics/1.1/kexi_image_box/

It shows an Object data type to make a photos database with it. But as I understand this type is not supported yet? (Though the version number seems definitely higher than 1.1)
      Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Working...
      X