X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Manager Handbook

Hello Everyone,

I have installed Kubuntu 6.10. I have "migrated" from Win 2K. Actually, I have removable hard drives and installed Edgy to its own drive. It has been a relatively painless and rather enjoyable experience. Most everything functioned at least partially right off the bat. Since I know next to nothing about this release and the KDE environment (or any Linux distro other than using the bash shell way back when in school), it has been slowing going trying to find what does what and how to make it work. Obviously, the first place I looked was the Help Center. Or in the help files of a particular app. I have noticed that there are some help files that don't even open. Also, I have been unable to build a search index from within the KDE Help Center. So... There are two problems that are at the top of my list: not being able to build the aforementioned search index and the fact that the Adept Manager Handbook will not open.

First, here is the error message I get when I try to build the search index in the KDE Help Center:

X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
    Major opcode: 144
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
    Major opcode: 144
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    Global symbol "$kdekdehtmldir" requires explicit package name at /usr/bin/khc_docbookdig.pl line 94.
    Execution of /usr/bin/khc_docbookdig.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

Any ideas?

Second, although I have been able to use Adept Manager as well as the Adept Installer (which opens when I click "Add/Remove Programs") I have been unable to access their respective Handbooks. I would like to learn more about how Adept Manager works but this has made that difficult.

Am I missing some packages? Is this an unresolved bug?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Re: Adept Manager Handbook

There actually isn't an Adept Handbook. The only thing we have for now is this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AdeptHowto

Also, the search function for the Help Center is kinda broken. Don't know how or when it will be fixed.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Adept Manager Handbook

Thank You, Jucato...

Comment

Working...
      X