This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi Woahs

I just reinstalled Kubuntu Edgy on a super old laptop I received and now it can't find my ath0 wireless card. It found my network during the installation, but when I logged in no dice. I've been looking around in Adept to see if I'm missing a package, but they seem to be much more software oriented than hardware support. This is the second time I've loaded this OS on the machine and the first time everything worked well until I restarted a couple weeks later and couldn't login. Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Thanks

More info

alright since my last post I've been searching more threads and will divulge more info:
    ifconfig outputs
    lo Link encap...blah blah blah I know this doesn't have anything to do with athO

but besides the loopback there is nothing.
    I installed the ndiswrapper files from the DVD yet nothing happened.
    There are no Interfaces in the network settings menu under system settings and of course that means the Wireless Assistance Wireless LAN Manager won't open.
    During installation I chose the ath0 that the system detected for my Atheros chipset for my netgear WG511T card. I can't access the internet on the laptop to apt-get other packages the install the madwifi drivers I tried with my Debian install I tried before Kubuntu but gave up because I couldn't resolve this problem. My desktop is using the amd64 build of Kubuntu and is working wonderfully except of course for Adobe's problems, but gnash helps. thanks a ton.

Comment

Re: Wifi Woahs

Have you seen " Atheros AR5212 Madwifi HowTo" at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...2&page=1&pp=10
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
      X