This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is Synaptec?

Does it have to be installed? NO matter how hard I try I cannot find it anywhere and "apt-get install" doesn't work on any soft I try(that's another problem all together I will tackle next) I am using 6.06.1.

I am kinda new to all this; sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.

Re: where is Synaptec?

Kubuntu doesn't use Synaptic, it has Adept Manager (look under K Menu > System).

What errors do you get from apt-get?

Comment

I use Kubuntu and Synaptic! I think it is better than Adept. Yes, it has to be installed. Try this command:
      sudo apt-get install synaptic
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey thanx, it does make sense; Somehow got confused reading the documentation. Yeah, Adept manager works; I already used it to install XINE and Firefox. I am getting
        "Unable to lock the administration directory" error message but somebody else already pointed me in the right direction I think so I will try what they suggested by killing any apt processes that might be running with

ROOT # dpkg --configure --pending

- or at least narrowing down (read: identifying) it’s causation ... at which for the latter, for a more polite approach the following has been reported to me:

ROOT # dpkg --audit

Comment

Working...
        X