Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 problems. 2 kernels and my Adept Mgr is saying an upgrqade will BREAK system

I am using kubuntu 6.06.1 LTS
    I have 2 kubuntu problems. Somehow I managed to download a kernel upgrade a couple weeks ago. It went through a few reboots but all appeared to be working ok. At bootup I have choice of 2.6.15-23-386 or 2.6.15-27-386 So I choose the latter as its newer. Can I remove the older one? I have no idea what to do. Both kernels are present. Im lost.

My 2nd problem just started a couple days ago. My Adept Manager notify icon is prompting for an update, when I do so, there are 2 files listed. one is kernel 386 (an entire upgrqade?) to 2.6.15-25 It appears. and another kernel related file. When I click on either one to update they both say BREAK So I've left them alone. Can anyone tell me what I should do now? Thanks in advance. Vitulor (Dave)

Re: 2 problems. 2 kernels and my Adept Mgr is saying an upgrqade will BREAK syst

You can have as many kernels as you like installed, only one is loaded.

Generally GRUB will offer the newest as the default, but you can, of course , change that.
    The old one is left there in case the new one breaks something, if the new one is good for you then there's no prob removing the old one.

Re Adept, see http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=13612.0

Comment

Re: 2 problems. 2 kernels and my Adept Mgr is saying an upgrqade will BREAK syst

Yes thank you so much. I unistalled the old one. Everything is A-OK now. Kudo

Comment

Working...
      X