Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 3.5.3 released at kubuntu.org (Dapper only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 3.5.3 released at kubuntu.org (Dapper only)

http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-353.php

More information:
    http://dot.kde.org/1149112734/

Re: KDE 3.5.3 released at kubuntu.org (Dapper only)

You beat me to it!
    Another Dapper only release... Poor Breezy users.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Only 386 and PPC! What's up with that?

Comment

Anyone know if this will be included as an official update for Dapper after the release ? Or maybe as a backport, etc. ? (I know, you can go and get the packages for Dapper, but these are probably not well supported)

Thanks !

Comment

Um... this is for Dapper. Actually it's for Dapper only. Could you clarify your question please?
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Sure, there are packages that become official updates. These will be posted in the main repositories for Dapper. However, the KDE 3.5.3 packages that are available now, have been compiled by JRiddell and made available on the web (and yes, they have been compiled for Dapper), but they are are not part of the official repositories. I am running latest dapper and this stuff is not included. I wonder if KDE 3.5.3 will be oficially supported for Dapper. Or if it will stay as it is now.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
              I wonder if KDE 3.5.3 will be oficially supported for Dapper. Or if it will stay as it is now.
              Most likely it will stay as it is now, otherwise KDE 3.5.3 would probably be included in the official repos already (and not kubuntu.org). But we'll have to wait and see

Adding a new version of kde to the official repos this late in the release cycle would give not time to fix possible show-stopper (and lesser) bugs. And kubuntu.org kde-updates have been working well with breezy, I consider them as trustworthy as the 'official' repos.

Though it would be great if there was (disabled by default) sources.list lines for kde-latest and koffice-latest included in the default installation, with short comment information. That would help new people find out about them.

Comment

Thanks Kubicle

BTW, does anyone know if Ubuntu PLF will produce packages for Dapper ? It is still only breezy:

http://packages.freecontrib.org/ubuntu/plf/dists/

And one more thing, now that we are talking about repositories, is there a good list of repositories for Dapper around ? (I have been using it for the last 6 months, but I guess now that it is released there will be more lists, like updates, etc.)

Many thanks in advance !

Comment

Have you checked source-o-matic: http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic ? They seem to be overwhelmed at the moment, but I assume they'll be back in business next week.

Comment

I just installed Kubuntu today, and want to have the latest KDE, can someone tell me exactly what I do to upgrade to 3.5.3

Thanks!

Comment

Follow the first link given by kubicle in the first post, the one from kubuntu.org. It has instructions on what to do.

Take note that this only applies to Kubuntu Dapper, but I'm presuming that's what you meant when you said "just installed Kubuntu".
                      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
                        Have you checked source-o-matic: http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic
                        You made my day AI. This is the ticket !

Thanks so much !!!!!!

Comment

Guys/Gals

After the update I lost the small Icons on the system tray. Now the system tray takes way more space. Is there any way to get the small icons in the tray back ? (you can't do it from the "configure system tray" menu)

Many thanks !

Comment

Working...
                          X