This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xsplash Concept

I am aware that, at least to my knowledge, Xsplash for Kubuntu hasn't really gone anywhere. I made a quick concept of what I think it could look like, and it is posted on KDE-look.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=116768

Let me know what you think, it's a very rough idea I scrapped together in about 15 minutes. I think the squares have the ability to make some sort of custom Kubuntu theme as well

Re: Xsplash Concept

I like it.... but it would be better if we use the kubuntu icon instead of KDE
    Also the background should be darker IMHO

I don't know how to do it
    But here's my concept
    In the default kubuntu xsplash there should be no progress bar.
    The 3 small gears in the icon should keep on rotating.
    and the big circle which is split into 3 arcs should fill up as the system loads.

Comment

I actually made this more based on the KDE logo than the Kubuntu one, the "ubuntu" was a bit slapped on at the end ;-) The squares in the background simply mimic the shape of the outline, I'm not sure how well this would look with the official kubuntu logo instead.

And I do agree with you that the background should be darker... again, very simple mockup using OpenOffice gradients and animations ;-)

Edit: Actually, looking at Kubuntu itself, I would say the shield makes an awesome logo:

http://www.kubuntu.org/

Just make the shield glow a bit, and have the colorful things underneath it in the banner swirl around it, then when it's almost done loading the shield turns bright white and the background follows with it.

Comment

That's an awesome idea......

But how to put it to work?

Comment

Working...
        X