This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd message when going to forum

This seems to happen more when I use the commandline to get here like: typingKubuntuforums.net.end.

I get this message, the forum buttons are there and I am logged in but I see this:

HOWEVER, the link is not clickable there, I have to use the butttons.

Below is a direct copy and paste.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://kubuntuforums.net/)

woodsmoke

"...when I use the commandline to get here..."

Huh? Explain, please?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It started when I used Gnomedo and now I use Krunner (the run command). I type in:

K u b u n t u f o r u m s . n e t

And I get that message. I am "at" the forum, I see the buttons, and I am logged in, but it is as if I were there for the "first time" and got the "welcome woodsmoke, you will be redirected in a minute thing."

I do NOT get it when I click a favourite in FF or something,

woodsmoke

Comment

Just tried it myself (Alt+F2 and type kubuntuforums.net). Even though I am already logged in to KFN, it opens a 'non-logged in' KFN Home Page, and notably, with the URL: kubuntuforums.net. Our new KFN URL is www.kubuntuforums.net.

If one uses a browser and types as the URL: kubuntuforums.net, the redirector works and takes you to www.kubuntuforums.net. It appears that using KRunner has a quirk?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I will pass that baton to you oh wise one.

Maybe it is because there are no "cookies" associated with it, when Krunner activates the browser.

Dunno.

woodsmoke

Comment

The problem surfaces even if you type "kubuntuforums.net" in a browser URL bar -- just checked.

We will fix this soon. I'm going to modify Apache .htaccess file to include a "301 redirect" so that "kubuntuforums.net" is automatically redirected to "www.kubuntuforums.net.

Comment

Well, then, I imagine that mebbe the people who actually do things can mark this solved, but maybe we should wait for Zero, Phil. Buster, Michael and the rest of the gang to check in first! lol

woodtogafiedsmoke

Comment

Working...
              X