This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User info logos and "time online"

Did I miss an announcement about the following features? If there wasn't one, this thread is now it!

For a few days now we've had varying numbers of Kubuntu logos under our avatars. Pretty and nice to have, but what do they mean?

And the "Time Online" and "Avg. Time Online" popped up at about the same time. I guess that's self explanatory, but why does the board think I've been online for over 28 hours? My laptop sleeps when I do - and hibernates while I drive to work - so I can assure you neither I nor it have been online for 28 hours consecutively! (I'm curious only. It doesn't bother me much.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	kfn-time-online.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	647711

I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

I have wondered about this as well. The MOD that was installed was in response to the missing time stats that we had when running on SMF. It appears to me however, that this MOD has a few quirks. We may well end up removing it and look for another, more factual one, if such exists.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Maybe it just means "TOTAL time online ever" rather than time online in current session. It certainly seems to be rising only.

And the little K logos? You have eight of them. Something to do with post count?
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Yes, the K logos were added as user Rank badges, earned based on user post counts.

As to the Time Online issue. It is likely that it does in fact refer to the amount of time the user has been 'online' as of the date and time the MOD was installed. It wasn't, I don't think, exactly what we were expecting. But....
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Turns out that particular time online add-in is no longer supported. We'll look for another and better one, because we suspect many of our members liked that particular feature on the old KFN.

Comment

Working...
          X