This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to review our donations to KFN

I'm too lazy to log in to my PayPal account to see when I last donated to KFN, so...I got to thinking, how about adding an account feature that would let us review our previous donations? Date, amount, nothing else needed.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Re: A way to review our donations to KFN

As the current KFN will be closed (to new posts anyway) when the new KFN is opened to the public, which we are believing will be this month, "new" features in this KFN aren't going to happen. Not even sure that with the SMF software, that what you are suggesting would be feasible.

I'm sure, however, that if you desired an accounting of donations, Open Source would be happy to provide it if asked.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, I can just force myself not to be so lazy! It's not really THAT hard to [ctrl][T] and go to PayPal.

So what's the story on the new KFN? Is it--hopefully--going to be on Linux? I still have a hard time believing KFN is on...windoze.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Yes, the new site is running vBulletin 4.1.9 on Linux. We think the default theme is a bit boring, so I've asked the folks at Ubuntu Forums if they'd be willing to share their theme with us, which we'd then remake using a blue tint. Rather like the Kubuntu wiki follows the Ubuntu wiki, but blue rather than orange. Haven't heard back from them yet, though.

Comment

Thanks, SR. Blue happens to be my favorite color.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            As the current KFN will be closed (to new posts anyway) when the new KFN is opened to the public
            Hi all...

I'm hoping the old forum will still be available to read through, there is a lot of helpful information from months, even years, ago that I still reference to!

Regards...
            Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
            How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
            PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

That is the intent, at least for a while. Likely, at some point, the old posts will be 'archived' and made available on the new KFN, at which point, the old KFN will be taken down completely.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by ardvark71
                I'm hoping the old forum will still be available to read through, there is a lot of helpful information from months, even years, ago that I still reference to!
                Yes, I hope so! They may be able to import the old forum's posts into the new forum, which would be super cool as business could go on as usual. But even if they have to archive them [so they're no longer writable, but available for reading], that would be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
                  ... vBulletin 4.1.9 on Linux ... blue tint ...

*yay*
                  Attached Files
                  Welcome newbies!
                  Verify the ISO
                  Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
                  X