X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tv programs

Hello,

Because I'm working in a nightshift, I regulary make recordings from television. I used to do this with a VCR. But now I have the ability to do it with my Kubuntu Edgy and it works fine. So my question is: how can I make a dvd from a movie or docu that has been recorded from television? I use Avidemux Video Editor to edit the movie and save it as a mpeg2. The next thing I do is try to burn it on a dvd with k3b, but here it goes wrong. Can someone give me advise?

Johan,

Sorry if my English isn't correct
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: tv programs

Solved !!!

Installing ManDVD has solved the problem.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=38347

Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Comment

Hi, glad you could solve that. What do you use to record TV on Kubuntu edgy?

I would like to do the same but still haven't found anything except for mythtv and that would mean installing a third HDD which I can't.

Cheers
      fintan
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I'm using Mythtv and a Pinnacle PCTV 40 tvcard.
        Here's a good howto for Mythtv in Edgy: http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php

Greetings,

Johan Cantodea

Comment

Working...
        X