This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIMS 2 ON KUBUNTU

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'm new to kubuntu and I desperatley want to leave windows behind forever, I just need to know if and how I can install the sims 2 and it's expansions on kubuntu if I have the ISO's.

Re: SIMS 2 ON KUBUNTU

1. Yes you can install SIMS.
    2. But the program won't run--it is written for Windows.
    3. It may or may not run under WINE.
    4. When you install Kubuntu, you can set up your system as a dual boot system. That way, you can boot into Windows to play Sims, and boot into Kubuntu for everything else.

See more info here: http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/installing.html

When you get to the part of setup called Prepare disk space, choose the first option: Resize IDE1 master, partition #1 (hda1) and use freed space.

Comment

Thank you so much, does this mean I have to uninstall and reinstall Kubuntu, but windows can stay just as it is? Right now I have the option to go into either windows or kubuntu when I restart my computer is this what you are referring to or are you suggesting a way that I don't have to restart my computer? Either way thanks for just responding, I'm been really anxious about it, I'll just install sims 2 on my windows if I can't or it's too risky to do it on kubuntu. No probs, thank you.

Comment

It looks like you might already be set for a dual boot.
        If you can choose either or when you turn on your PC then you're set. Just choose Windows to play the Sims or Kubuntu for Linux.

I second the possibility of running it under Wine if you are feeling ambitious

Comment

The installation for a dual-boot system is this:

1. Install Windows
          2. Install Kubuntu

That's because while Windows thinks it's the only operating system in the world, and will clobber your Kubuntu installation, Kubuntu gets very high marks for Plays Well With Other Children.

So yes, if you're not dual-booting already, reinstall Windows, then reinstall Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
          X