This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Theme Save

OK. I've set my desktop the way I like (for now anyway). How do I save this configuration if something was to alter it for some reason or another? Is there a way?

Re: Desktop Theme Save

That sort of depends on what exactly you wish to backup (as there are several configuration files), are you trying to save just your desktop or rather all your personal settings?

One popular method for backing up your 'desktop' is to back-up your home directory (the hidden files and folders on your /home/[username] directory contain your personalized settings etc.) This way you'll also save your personal documents etc. (that probably are under your home folder)

If you don't wish to save your full home directory, you can decide to copy only /home/[username]/.kde/share which contains the the personal configurations of kde applications.

If I forgot something that is essential to back-up, feel free to add it

Comment

Thanks! Yes, I meant my configuration settings. The second sugestion seems appropriate. So if all file structures and locations for the "restored" KDE folder are what the setings within are expecting, then I effectively resotred my Screen Saver, Color Scheme, Wallpaper, etc., etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        Thanks!  Yes, I meant my configuration settings.  The second sugestion seems appropriate.  So if all file structures and locations for the "restored" KDE folder are what the setings within are expecting, then I effectively resotred my Screen Saver, Color Scheme, Wallpaper, etc., etc.?
        Most things should be restored, though I cannot promise everything will be (there are system-wide settings and configurations in both /etc and /usr/share for example...but the modifications you've done as a user should be restored.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X